Sunday, September 8, 2013

Tabby's Sangria

Week 1 of Football Season 2013, I wanted to have something new and creative to drink for game day.  My boyfriend and I had just gone out to a jazz lounge before the game and I had Sangria for the first time.  I knew this had to be my new drink!  It seemed like fun to make and I love sweet red wine...win win, or wine wine...hahaha!  Yes, I am a confirmed dork and I laugh at my own jokes!




Anyway, researched a few recipes, and did what I usually do - take bits and pieces that I like from each one and made my own...and here is Tabby's Sangria!

Ingredients:


1 pkg raspberries
1 pkg blackberries
1/2 lb strawberries - halved
1 apple sliced
1 tangerine sliced
1 lemon sliced
1 lime sliced
2 bottles Sutter Home Sweet Red
1 cup brandy
Sugar, to taste
Wild Vines Strawberry White Zinfandel or Heineken Light






Mix all fruits, sweet red, brandy and sugar. Chill for at least a couple of hours. Pour over ice, filling glass 3/4th...top off with Wild Vines or Heineken Light, stir and enjoy!



Side note:  my original recipe was for the Wild Vines, but my boyfriend and I realized it was waaaaaaaaaaaay better with Heineken Light.  Trust me, I hate beer, refused to drink it for a very long time and I can actually drink it with this or my Raspberry or Strawberry Lemonade recipe.


And here is Thanksgiving 2013 Sangria at my boyfriend's family's house.  Used Sutter Home Red Moscato and Arbor Mist because those were what they had at the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment